Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ookie Dookie Brothers...Yee Haw!

This morning Brian and I took Wally down to the elementary school for his first "concert."  We saw the Ookie Dookie brothers play, and they were very good.  The songs were super fun, and these two guys performing had all the kids and parents singing and dancing the whole time.  My favorite was "Mama don't allow no guitar playin' round here"..... they had kids come up and play along on different instruments while singing "I don't care what Mama don't allow, I'll play my triangle anyhow."  I thought it sent a good message...

Initially, it was a little overload for Wally - loud music and lots of people.  He was pretty clingy to Brian and I for most of the morning and wouldn't really venture out into the dance floor.  But that's ok, I think it was a good experience for him.  "Mama don't allow no clingy babies 'round here."  We stayed in the back and danced, which was still fun.  By the end of the morning, Wally was really getting comfortable with the surroundings, and bolted down the hallway after I bundled him up to climb up a big flight of stairs.  Did I mention stairs are his absolute favorite thing right now?  He's actually pretty good at using the railing to walk down (not crawl backward like I taught him).

I'm not so sure about this....I think I'll just look bewildered for a while

Hold my hand Dad

My girl's cow hoodie totally matches these balloons!

Action shot!

Now this is my territory! They call me the stairmaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment