Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcome to 2013 at the John Family Home

Brian, Em, and Wally in our back yard - taken mid-November 2012

OK, it's actually Jan 21st when I'm writing this, but I thought "hey... I'm not too late to start my New Year's Resolution".  Guess what it is?!?  I keep having these grand ideas of keeping a well documented history of our family both through blogging and a beautiful handmade scrapbook...and somehow after 3 years of marriage I just can't keep up... arg!  Maybe 2013 is my year.  Could I have finally hit that organizational peak in my otherwise highly unorganized life?  (Wally - if it's 2020 and this is the only post in 2013, I'm so sorry peanut!  I tried....but just not as hard as I should have :)


Quick recap on recent family history:  Wally is now 2 years old (I can't believe it!) and little brother is almost 38 weeks along due Feb 5th.  We just celebrated Wally's birthday last weekend, which I'll post.  He is (in my objective opinion) the cutest, sweetest, highly intellectual, curious, and most wonderful little boy.  Except when I'm trying to use the computer.  As I'm writing this, Wally is snuggled next to me on the couch watching youtube train videos on the left side of my computer screen.  It's the only way I can use the computer.  His current favorite is "Alphabet Train" which sounds a little more like "abet tane" when he says it but it's hard to "not" understand when he repeats it 20 times before I'm able to pull it up.  Other favorite videos include actual steam trains coming down the track, Elmo and Grover, "Wally videos" and "how do they make that: Firetrucks."

Today is Martin Luther King Day and we've finally hit winter.  I took Hazel out for a quick potty in 14 below temps.  It was the quickest potty all month.  Brian has the day off, and we are finally preparing for the arrival of little brother with little projects around the house.  Although tomorrow I will be 38 weeks into my pregnancy, due Feb 5th, we currently have not secured a name for poor baby among our 5-6 current favorites, have not yet installed the carseat into the minivan, just fished out and laundered the old newborn clothing over the weekend, and started thinking about supplies needed at home.  Needless to say, we've been a little more relaxed about welcoming our second child into the world.  I sure hope this little guy is laid back and patient!  But not too patient, Wally was 10 days early and I've been secretly hoping this second pregnancy will end in a similar fashion.

I am still teaching piano lessons and ended the fall/winter session with a beautiful recital back on Jan 5th.  Since then, Wally and I have been completely free to romp around town causing mischief   Brian continues his work at VMware.  After working from home from the first of October through the end of the year, he finally moved into a new office at the beginning of the month and has been riding the bus downtown again.

OK, more to come - mostly about Wally!  TTFN (says Tigger)

No comments:

Post a Comment